Thursday, March 5, 2009

Almost Alumni Fair

On Thursday March 5th from 12-6 p.m. in the student center of DePaul’s Lincoln Park campus their was an event entitled “Almost Alumni Fair.”  When I entered the student center I saw balloons and bright flashes from photos being taken and I was curious as to what was going on, and as soon as I stepped foot into the middle of the student center their were booths set up with a large number of students making their way around to each station.  Thursday’s weather was surprisingly nice which meant that a lot of students had decided to venture out of their dorms and apartments and into the student center which brought them directly to this event. 

 

There were many different stations but there were a few that stood out to me as I walked by and took a closer look.  One are of the fair had students dressing up in graduation gowns and taking graduation photos which would explain the bright flashes as I walked into the student center.  The second booth that stood out to me had to do with graduation rings.  I walked up to the booth and spoke to the woman running the booth and there were many different types of stones and ring bands that were laid out on the table.  Students were trying on different sizes and colors and making decisions on which combination to use for their graduation.  Although college is great for meeting new people and working toward a profession and a career I feel like it should be about time for me to graduate.   

No comments:

Post a Comment