Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A Minority Report- Revisited


Above: Khaled Abu Toameh addresses room 325 of the Student Center which is filled out the door with students and members of the community listening to what he has to say about the Israel/Palestine conflict as an Arab-Israeli.

So last week I blogged about the journalist Khaled Abu Toameh coming on to campus to give a talk about his time writing and filming for different news organizations in the Middle East, more specifically Israel and Palestine.

While the speech was very interesting to me as someone who has invested interest in the Israel/Palestine conflict, I don't think that as a journalism student I gained much besides how lucky I am to be living in a place where freedom of the press is allowed unlike in Palestine.

Over all, I thoroughly enjoyed the event and want to thank DePaul's Hillel as well as the College of Communication for putting on such an informative dialogue!

No comments:

Post a Comment