Tuesday, February 17, 2009

DePaul men crushed in 13th straight loss

The DePaul men's basketball suffered their worst loss of the season at Lousiville on Sunday, getting blown out 54-99. In a very high scoring game for Lousiville they did not have any player score more than 19 points, but only two players on their roster did not score. It is hard to see this team getting blown out game after game in a conference they seemingly do not belong in. The Blue Demons are playing against the elite teams in the country every week, teams that will most likely go very deep in March during the NCAA tournament. It is not that surprising that they do not have a win in BIg East play, but it would be nice to see DePaul pull off an upset against Pittsburg or maybe Georgetown. For me, the highlight of this season came in DePaul's 45-point loss on Sunday. I saw one of the best in game dunks that I have ever seen in my life. Will Walker threw Dar Tucker an alley-oop on a breakaway. Tucker caugh the ball with two hand, and windmilled the ball finishing with one hand. It was by far the best play I have seen since being at DePaul, and one of the best dunks I have ever seen in my life. I have yet to find the video on youtube, but I will post it as soon as I can locate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment