This event is titled "The Obama Factor: Covering Politicians of Color, Then and Now." The event is going to be based on political coverage by the media and the event is free. Read the details below:
DEPAUL HUMANITIES CENTER
The Obama Factor: Covering Politicians of Color, Then and Now
Media Roundtable Series with Laura S. Washington, Ida B. Wells-Barnett University Professor
and Fellow of the DePaul Humanities Center
February 26, 2009
Program 6:00-7:30 p.m.
Reception 7:30-8:00 p.m.
DePaul Student Center
Lincoln Park Campus
2250 N. Sheffield Avenue
Hear from prominent journalists who have covered Barack Obama on the road to the White House, and watched other politicians of color in the halls of power and at the grassroots. They will assess the media's coverage of politicians in the context of the Obama ascendancy.
• Esther Cepeda, columnist and blogger, “600 Words”
• Craig Dellimore, political editor, WBBM Radio
• Tom McNamee, editorial page editor, Chicago Sun-Times
• Mary Mitchell, columnist and editorial board member, Chicago Sun-Times
• Charles Thomas, political reporter, ABC-7 Chicago
• Dorothy Tucker, reporter, CBS-2 Chicago Moderator:
• Laura Washington, DePaul University, Chicago Sun-Times A columnist for the
Chicago Sun-Times, Laura S. Washington is an expert on media coverage and issues, including journalistic ethics and investigative reporting. Other areas of specialization include African-American affairs, Illinois and national politics, diversity, race and racism, and social justice.
This event is free and open to the public.
For information, contact the Humanities Center
by phone at 773-325-4580, or by email at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see our
website at www.depaul.edu/~humctr.