Sunday, February 15, 2009

If I had to choose it all again...


I would probably make my major something to do with film. Not because I think I'd be good at it. But because my roommate, DePaul freshman and digital cinema major, Ethan Fauré, gets to do the coolest things for schoolwork (and I might be a little jealous).

Here are just a couple examples of assignments I’ve seen him work on at our apartment:

• Watch Pineapple Express and plot out the storyline
• Comment on Godzilla as a means for understanding Japanese culture
• Make a stop motion film

And aside from this aforementioned work, Fauré gets tickets for early screenings of at least a few films a month.

He’s had a knack for film (and shocking people) for as long as I’ve known him. In high school, his physics teacher assigned a group video project to demonstrate physics principles. Fauré’s group failed the assignment for “inappropriateness” with their self-proclaimed Suburban Blaxploitation Film, “Jive Turkey.” He’s decided to stick with studying film despite his rocky educational past with it.

Friday afternoon after registering for classes, he announced, “I got into that Coen Brothers class!”

Next quarter, he’s taking DC 270 – Topics in Digital Cinema: The Coen Brothers. There’s a course at DePaul all about the guys who brought us classics like Fargo and The Big Lebowski? I’m sold.

No comments:

Post a Comment