Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Game Show Night in Lincoln Park/ Homecoming Theme TBA Tonight!

Tonight the DePaul Activities Board will be hosting a really unique event in the Lincoln Park student center. It's going to be an ineractive game-show where DePaul students will compete against each other in teams to win prizes. It sounds like it should definitely be a lot of fun, so that's worth checking out. To my knowledge, this is the first time DAB has hosted such an event (and I could be wrong here, I transferred to DePaul fairly recently), and I'm interested to see if this kind of event could be successful. The game show will start at 6 PM, and if I know DAB, there will be plenty of delicious free food to enjoy.

This certainly isn't meant to be an insult to DAB, but their smaller events don't seem to be particularly well-attended. It's understandable that a lot of students commute or live off-campus, and that makes attending weeknight events more difficult. I'm certain that DAB is doing the best they can to publicize their events.

On a lighter note, DAB has an exciting announcement they plan on making this evening! Directly after the game show ends, head over to the student center's atrium (that's the big open area in the middle of the first floor) where DAB will announce the theme and location of this year's homecoming. Last year's semi-formal event, as you may remember, was held at the Congress Theater. Local band The Hush Sound performed, and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. I'm most interested in who DAB has booked to play this year; while I thought the Hush Sound were fun, I would have preferred something more dance-able. I guess we'll all have to wait and see, won't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment