Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Wellness Fair

On Thursday, January 29th from 11:00 – 2:00 p.m. in room 120 of DePaul’s Student Center there was a Wellness Fair to educate students and staff on how to live a long healthy life.  When I arrived I was greeted at the door and my name was entered in a raffle that would have been held at the end of the fair.  I walked to the first booth I saw and I was greeted by Ashley Nicole who is a DePaul student.  She was running the Physical Wellness booth. She showed me manuals on physical health that stressed a healthy diet and regular exercise like we have been told by our gym teachers in grade school and high school.

There were six components of wellness that the fair highlighted and they were environmental, emotional, intellectual, spiritual, social, and physical wellness.  It seems that overall wellness would be important to students that have to deal with school, work, and family all at the same time.  So if you are looking to get in better shape or you might want to participate in an organization that benefits environmental causes DePaul has events that are geared toward these needs.  

1 comment:

  1. I went to this and had a GREAT time. The information was interesting and informative, and I feel like the different stations really helped me out. I was able to learn about careers in health, new majors at DePaul, try new healthy foods from the cafeteria, donate blood if I wanted (I didn't,) have a short visit with a chiropractor to discuss back and hip problems, and learn about the Oriental School of Medicine, where I tried acupuncture. All in all a great event

    ReplyDelete