Monday, February 9, 2009

It's now or never...

Every week we go on, it has been getting harder to think of things to talk about when regarding tattoos and piercings. This week I just thought about my experience with my lip piercing and how I never want to get rid of it. Then I thought about the reality of things and realized I may have to take it out soon to get a job, but hopefully I will find a job that allows it or I can take it out during the day. Either way it makes me regret not getting my lip pierced when I was a freshman and first thought about doing it. As I have said in an earlier post, college is a time to, in a way explore the world and what it has to offer and one should take advantage of that. So in a way, its now or never because once you end your college career, one must then enter the real world, where a lot of those exploratory activities like piercings are not accepted. So embrace the time that you have in college and don't be afraid to get a piercing. Hey, if you don't like it, you can always take it out! As an example, my roommates girlfriend just graduated from DePaul and has a tongue ring. She went to interview for a job with it in and got the job, but was told she had to take the tongue ring out before she started working there. She has had it since here freshman year in college and after 4 years of having it she had to take it out upon entering the "real" world. So, I guess i'm just saying...Do it now, before it is to late. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment